Avoiding NJ Foreclosure Scams
Don’t trust the signs on the telephone poles. Be careful of the letters and phone calls from people claiming they can help you stop the foreclosure on your property. Many of those offers are scams.
Avoid Any Business That:
- Guarantees to stop the foreclosure
- Collects a fee before providing you with any services
- Instructs you not to contact your lender, lawyer, credit or housing counselor
- Tells you to make your mortgage payments directly to them, rather than your lender
- Tells you to transfer your property deed or title to them
- Encourages you to lease your home so you can buy it back over time
- Offers to fill out paperwork for you or pressures you to sign things you don’t understand
EPICCDC is a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency with extensive training completed through:
- Neighborworks Training Institute
- Freddie Mac
- Private lenders and others
In order to bring the highest level of quality and service to the residents of our communities.